Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Doctors' Spiel

When you're ill and doctors could not come up with accurate findings, they give you any of the following reasons:
- it's genetic or hereditary(based on family history or if someone in your family has that ailment as well)
- due to aging (if you're 30 & above)
- stress
- psychosomatic
We cannot deny the fact that medical science is still limited despite the state of the art technologies & inventions.
During my pregnancy, my amniotic fluid was at borderline level. There was no leak whatsoever so I was told it was because of late pregnancy. After a week of hydration using IV fluid, no progress occurred. I was sent home & advised to just take complete bed rest and drink 3 to 4 liters of water since there was nothing else that could be done. After few weeks of water therapy, my amniotic level went up from 6 to 16 - almost 300% increase!

No comments: