Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Place

Since we moved in to our new house, I’ve been able to sleep better at night because the neighborhood is quieter and safer, so I have enough strength to look after my baby throughout the day.  Security is so tight that whenever we have unexpected guests, we are assured that we know them personally because the security personnel verify all necessary information before allowing guests to enter the community premises.  The guards on duty, who are really nice and reliable, accompany the couriers making parcel deliveries to make sure everyone is safe and secure. Amenities such as swimming pools, basketball courts and children’s playgrounds are available for tenants and guests though these are occupied most of the time especially during weekends and holidays.  I cannot forget the time when I first got to see this place, water fountains were up and porch and patio lights were all lit inside the community that I thought I was in a park, and I even dreamed of living here one day.  In addition, these adorable pets that are accompanied by their owners enjoy going for a walk every morning and afternoon. 

 However, there are few things I don’t really like here in our place. During summer, disease-carrying mosquitoes and other insects are everywhere, so you need to use insect repellent for protection.  Completely ignoring the community rules, some pet owners leave their pet feces on conspicuous areas.  The only place that multitasking moms and house helpers find it hardly accessible is the laundry area, a small cage-like room located on the building deck.  To better manage stress, unit owners have to keep few things in mind.  To counter the odor caused by the nearby stagnant lake that sometimes stinks, one has to close all the doors and windows and be ready with an air deodorizer.  To avoid hassle due to unknown guests stealing your allocated parking space, you should put a signage on it all the time.  

Furthermore, always be prepared during rainy season. Imagine this scene as if you are watching a movie; blowing fiercely during the storm surge, the strong wind rips your porch cover apart and uproots some trees around you.  Just a few days ago, thunder roared loudly after lightning seemed to have struck an object near our house.  Confused and scared, my two-year-old boy ran quickly towards me and cried out loud. 

No comments: