Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Got His Visa. What's Next?

As planned, my husband will go first to NZ by February next year. If he immediately gets a job, my son and I will follow after 3 or 4 months, that will be around the month of May. For now, we need to convert some of our stuffs into cash by selling them. My hubby needs to bring pocket money for housing, food, fare, utility bills, etc. to NZ in addition to the cash from our savings. The 13th month pay he will be getting will be used to purchase his ticket. Per immigration, he needs to bring around Php100,000 to sustain himself for at least 3 months, so that will amount to PhP300,000 for his 9 months stay. It's a huge amount of money, so we really need to get our stuffs sold. Part of my hubby's 13th month pay will take care of our son's milk and other needs. To free ourselves from accommodation, utility and food expenses, my son and I will stay in my parents' house. I asked my sister to temporarily help with other expenditures, if she can, so we won't be a huge burden to my parents.


This is going to be a huge risk to take. If we back out and not do anything about our financial goals, we'll remain in status quo and won't be able to achieve our future goals like education for our son, our retirement fund, and, of course, assistance to those in need which includes our parents. Prayer and moral support of our families are the most important things we need at the moment. We believe that it's better to act now than be sorry later when we're no longer able take advantage of the opportunities ahead of us. Some people do not succeed because they are afraid to take the risks. They'd rather not do anything and remain idle because they are afraid to lose what they have, afraid to try and fail. I love what I read that said “Failure is not you, it is an event”. We are not afraid to face the challenges and even failure than not doing anything at all. After all, God is with us and He is ahead of us. He knows our future and He is already there waiting for us. After all, there's nothing to lose. We wouldn't know what's in store for us if we won't try while the opportunity is available. Not everyone has the qualifications (in terms of health or skill needed) to apply for immigration. Grab it while you can.

No comments: